Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day 47: The Last Supper





51.45 mi max 40.0 3:21.31 Avg 15.4

It actually got cold last night...and it's supposed to be colder tonight. I'm going to sleep in my long sleeve shirt - I have leggings ready and my fleece hat, too.

Dinner was at Applebee's. A lot of us went to the strip mall beforehand, and browsed Barnes & Noble for a long time. Ellen gave a really nice speech about bicycle mirrors and reflecting light into dark places. And we all gave the staff a nicely framed picture of our group.

I'm excited to almost be in DC. A lot of people tonight are celebrating with alcohol...but I'm not sure how that heightens the experience.

The ride itself was very easy. 51 miles happens now in the blink of an eye. Interesting parallel: both our first night & our last night are in state run campgrounds that are completely wooded with numbered sites.

No comments: