Sunday, July 09, 2006

Day 6: Entering Idaho




79.27 mi max 35.5 6:04.56 avg. 13.0 mph

I felt really STRONG today! It was kind of exciting - getting up over the hills wasn't as difficult as it has been for the past few days. I made sure that I was pretty well packed last night and worked really hard to get at least in the middle of the pack. I didn't stay for very long at any of the rest stops either...although I did stop at the Pend Oreille Dam. I missed the guided tour by an hour - it would have been really cool to go down inside the dam to see how everything works. I did, however, stay to watch video about the construction of the dam - essentially Army Corps of Engineers propaganda about how they juggle the needs of the different groups using the resources.

After our ride, Deb, Charlie & I went swimming in the Lake/River of Pend Oreille. It was so pretty! The water felt great after the day of cycling. In the picture of the the lake above, you can see all the gulls lined up on the logs that were lining the swimming area.

No comments: