Saturday, July 22, 2006

Day 25: Minne-soh-da




79.26 mi max 34.5 6:11.40 avg 12.7 mph

This has totally been my week. I'm finally getting into this whole cycling thing!

I HAVE A FAST BUTTON!!!!!!

Throughout the day, I saw lots of people - I didn't ride with anyone for very long. The wind was far less than it has been, although there was still a bit of a headwind. Crossing the border into Minnesota was literally like crossing into a different country. Suddenly there were windmills (harnessing some of the horrible winds)...the air even felt different, cooler...and there were hills again. I actually hit over 30 mph!

I think the best part of the day was getting into camp at 2 pm, having to FIND my luggage because it was mixed up with so many other people's bags, setting up my tent and then taking a half hour nap. Then, I took a shower and went back to sleep (yeah for earplugs!) until dinner. I'd have missed the meal entirely had Brian not come out to beat on my tent. And at 9:00, I'm ready for bed again - bringing my sleep total to 10 hours. I'm liking that :)

No comments: